Application Process and Admission Eligibility
Since Hillcrest Home is owned by Boone County, residents living within the county are given priority for admission. Therefore the APPLICANT must have LIVED in Boone County for the LAST SIX (6) months prior to making application, or have a SON or DAUGHTER who has lived in Boone County the last six months prior to making application. In addition, either the applicant, or a son or daughter must be a resident of Boone County at the time of admission.
ACTIVE STATUS: Choose this option if you KNOW applicant should be admitted, or if there is a HIGH POSSIBILITY applicant should be admitted when their name comes to the top of the list; WE WILL CALL you EACH time the name comes to the top of the list.
INACTIVE STATUS: Choose this option if applicant DOES NOT expect to be admitted the next time their name comes to the top of the list; WE WILL NORMALLY NOT call you inquiring about status change, but will wait for you to notify us when the application status should change to active.
STATUS CHANGES: You can change the status from INACTIVE to ACTIVE simply by informing the Office; then WE WILL CALL you the next time the name comes to the top of the list.
Admission Eligibility Policies
- Eligibility is determined at the time of evaluation for admission. Patient needs to be admitted within FIVE (5) days of evaluation. If not admitted within five days (i.e., due to hospitalization), admission eligibility will be determined on day to be admitted, even if payment is made in advance to retain the vacant bed.
- Eligibility is based on whether we can meet the needs of the individual applicant, for example, we cannot admit an applicant who needs “one on one” care, or requires individually selected staff.
- Hillcrest Home reserves the right to discharge residents in accordance with state and federal regulations, including but not limited to, nonpayment of services, in the event that the resident becomes mentally or physically unmanageable and needs “one on one” care, or the family requests the rights of their family member, or any other resident’s rights to be violated.
- Applicants that are dependent on a FEEDING TUBE are not eligible for admission.
- In addition, if a patient is transferred to the hospital and receives an I.V. or a FEEDING TUBE, they will not be able to return to Hillcrest as long as they have the I.V. or the feeding tube.
If transferring from a hospital or nursing home, TRANSFER FORMS must be obtained from that facility.
ADMISSION HISTORY & PHYSICAL and PHYSICIANS ORDERS must be obtained prior to admission, but not more than FIVE (5) days prior to admission. If transferring from another nursing home with transfer forms and physicians orders, the history and physical can be done as soon as possible after admission, but no longer than 72 hours after admission.
Your CHOICE OF PHYSICIAN is limited to those physicians with staff privilege. Staff privilege is maintained by satisfactorily caring for their clients, including but not limited to making monthly visits to Hillcrest Home and writing progress notes on a regular basis.
Your CHOICE OF PHARMACY is limited to those drug stores who consistently label their drugs per regulations, provide 24/7 service in a timely manner and/or provide emergency back-
Generally preferred time of admission is 10:00 A. M.